Monday, September 6, 2010

Quotes from Rumi. (Read by David at the service)

"I'm Going to read some quotes now written by a famous Sufi mystic that Nic and i really liked"

"I have no companion but Love,
no beginning, no end, no dawn.
The soul calls from within me:
You, ignorant of the way of Love,
set Me free."

"The lover is forever like a drunkard
whose secrets spill out,
forever mad, frenzied, and in love.
To be self-conscious is to worry about everything,
but once drunk, what will be will be."

"To Clutch at Madness

Conventional opinion is the ruin of our souls,
something borrowed which we mistake as our own.
Ignorance is better than; clutch at madness instead.
Always run from what seems to benefit yourself:
sip the poison and spill the water of life.
Revile those who flatter you;
lend both interest and principal to the poor.
Let security go and be at home amid dangers.
Leave your good name behind
and accept disgrace.
I have lived with cautious thinking;
now I'll make myself mad."

No comments: